Sunday, September 27, 2009

I declare WAR

I hate the Steam Cleaner! It's not bad enough that the humans make me go outside in the rain, sleet, cold or ice, or God forbid, the HEAT. But seriously, why bring in the Steam Cleaner. It is important that I on occasion mark my territory. Is is my comfort zone. It is my way of claiming what is rightfully mine-this house. I made it perfectly clear when I arrived that this was MINE. After all, that's what we Basset Hounds do, we claim it, we own it, and it's ours.

So here I am, completely dismayed by the loud roaring sound of the beast aka as the steam cleaner. To make matters worse, Mama Human loads it up with Clorox and Odoban! Right, like I really need Odoban.  It makes no sense to me. I smell good. I smell like Basset Hound. It is a heavenly scent.

I also have the embarrassment of explaining it to my BFF, Trixie. Trixie comes to my house by scent. She loves my house. She loves to come in and roll around with me in the floor. She makes her way down to my house by way of the smell. Poor Trixie, she will be lost.

For now, I have to embrace my inner aroma and try to ignore the overwhelming smell of community pool and eucalyptus.

Now, if you will excuse me, I shall pee next to the human's bed. I figured I would give her a nice greeting for the morning time. Just a little "Hey, I don't appreciate your cleaning technique and here's my opinion about it!"

So in your face! ha! Aaaaarrrrooooooooooooo!